The Power of Waves of Hope
Waves of Hope is working to improve the quality of life of our local community through education, development and volunteer efforts.
Building a High School in northern Nicaragua
Pro-surfer Holly Beck gives back with Waves of Hope
Giving back has always been a core belief of El Coco Loco. In 2009 we founded Waves of Hope, a Canadian based NGO that has raised and invested over $300k into our community over the past seven years. Our largest project to date was the construction of a local High School that serves over 200 students daily.
Please visit us at www.waves-of-hope.com to learn more about our programs, initiatives and internships.
Educated, healthy and prosperous communities.
To improve the quality of life in our community through strengthening local education, healthcare, and infrastructure.
- Education – Our team of community interns are on the ground daily, engaging, educating and investing in the lives of children and youth.
- Health – A healthy community is a strong community. We are protecting and promoting the health of families and children through donations, education programs and training.
- Infrastructure – Ensuring our community has the literal building blocks for success is a key priority. We are investing in clean water solutions, local infrastructure improvements and the environment.
- Renovation & Expansion of El Manzano #1 Elementary School
- Construction of El Manzano #2 Pre-School
- Construction of Manzanillo High School
- Construction of Francisco Laguna Elementary School
- El Manzano #1 Community Clean Water Project
From the Founders:
We came into this project knowing very little about development work. What we did know was that we wanted to live alongside our neighbors and improve their quality of life along with our own.
Since our humble beginnings in 2009, we’ve raised over $300,000 for our community and had over 45 interns helping us on the ground. We have begun to see tangible results in education, health and prosperity within our community and we are just getting started!
We believe that living as part of our community is what makes Waves of Hope unique. Our friends and neighbors have taught us the beauty of simplicity, of how to be present in life everyday and how to enjoy even the smallest of passing moments.
We are very excited about the future here in Nicaragua and forever grateful for how our community welcomed us with open arms eight years ago. We are also incredibly thankful for all of you who have helped make Waves of Hope all that it is today! Without you, none of this would be possible.
Ben, Jamie, Earl & Ben Dos